Monday 14 March 2011

Valentina and Viktor


I caught a glimpse of her in a pile of garish tacky souvenir dolls at a fleamarket, thank goodness I looked further into the pile and found her partner.


I'm not a doll collector, normally I would have passed them by. But it was their handpainted faces, the fabrics they are clothed in, their woven wicker shoes and most of all the colour. Soft, natural, homespun,that made me bring them home.




From Russia, they are a long way from home, but they have only been on a visit with me. Hopefully they will soon have a new home when I list them in my Etsy shop.

4 comments:

Caitlin said...

They certainly belong together...

Jennifer Black Reinhardt said...

Love them, and love your beautiful pictures!

Marie Robinson said...

Love these! My daughter has a similar pair dressed as American settlers. Discovered at a church bazaar I think!

Michelle said...

I can only think that they were so glad you brought them home.