Friday 8 June 2012

Friday Flowers

Chelsea 2. Artisan Retreats.






































I've realised looking through all my photographs that I haven't any pictures of the outsides of these delightful summerhouses........too busy taking photographs of the details!
Set in a small clearing surrounded by trees were 5 summerhouses each decorated and furnished by a different designer to reflect their personal taste.

A Passementerie Passion.
Designed by Annabel Lewis from V.V. Rouleau, her shops sell the most exquisite trimmings and ribbons. Her retreat contained precious samples from her personal collection, and outside two benches covered in striped grosgrain ribbon........inspired.







http://www.vvrouleau.com/

Vintage Inspired Retreat.
Designed by Orla Kiely, a vintage inspired retreat featuring her graphic designs on pots, bags and garden tools. Inside was pure 1950's including the television........delightful.








http://www.orlakiely.com/uk

A Bookbinder's Workshop.
Designed by Vicki Conran wife of Sir Terence Conran, this was a calm ordered space designed as a bookbinder's studio.........if only my workspace looked like this!

























http://www.conran.com/

Needlepoint Haven.
Designed by Kaffe Fasset, needlepoint and knitwear designer, fabric designer and painter........his sense of colour and pattern is amazing.......colour in his hands sings a glorious song.






Wild at Heart at Home.
Designed by Nicky Tibbles, floral designer with shops in London. The window boxes were amazing.......cut flowers I'm sure, and a flat design with hundreds of flower heads was stunning.





And last of all a vase of Chelsea Friday Flowers





































http://www.wildatheart.com/





I hope you've enjoyed this glimpse of Chelsea Flower Show, have a wonderful weekend.
Georgie


2 comments:

Jacqui Wise said...

How beautiful.I love the 'Wild at Heart' windowbox display. The flowers look so lovely against the pale blue paintwork. I'm also a big fan of Kaffe Fassett. His use of colour is amazing and so uplifting. I also love the summerhouse designed by Annabel Lewis. Beautiful trimmings, ribbons and shells. You've taken some amazing photos and I don't remember these beautiful summerhouses being shown on the tv (unless I missed them).

Caitlin said...

I love the Bookbinder's Workshop
and the Vintage Inspired Retreat!
I have never seen anything like
this. Thank you so much for
posting this. It's amazing. And
how you captured all these details...
What a great collection of photos.