Friday 7 December 2012

Friday Flowers

When the light allows, I've been tablescaping! I've been having a lovely time taking photographs of table settings with flowers to give a sense of time and place.








































So here we have tea time before Christmas!

This was inspired by the jolly china, a supermarket find, it seemed suitably christmassy and although alstromerias and especially spray carnations are the very last flowers I would usually buy there wasn't a lot else on offer at my local supermarket........forgive me Julienne it was a Monday! But actually I think their colours worked really well.

The little evergreen tree in the background is my first piece of christmas decorating, the gingerbread stars are waiting for their red and white twine so that they are ready to hang on the big tree.....trouble is I keep eating them!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend, I'm trying to decide whether to get the fake tree out of the loft or go and get a real one......decisions decisions!!

Georgie

1 comment:

flowers on my table said...

Hello Georgie, your tablescape is very festive and cheerful. I love the china and the flowers are very pretty. I am unfortunately getting the fake tree out today, as my daughter cannot wait any longer for the tree to go up. I do prefer a real tree, but they don't last long once the central heating is on. So, perhaps next year! Love Linda x