Friday 31 May 2013

Friday Flowers at Chelsea Flower Show

Part Two.

This year much to my delight the R.H.S. had repeated the Artisan's Summerhouses.



































Designers were given a summerhouse to decorate and to make into their space, the first is by Cath Kidson....I usually find her things a bit too sweet, but I loved the interior of her summerhouse. It must have been all those paper roses that struck a chord with me, only I make them in miniature!

The outside was painted in her signature blue even the lawnmower and the grass were painted with her designs.



Inside was paper rose making heaven, a profusion of colour, paper and mood boards........delightful.


 





In case any of you fancy having a go at making large paper flowers, take a look at my Pinterest board 
http://pinterest.com/beaupapier/paper-flowers  where you'll find lots of inspiration and tutorials.

And just in case any of you are yearning to see real roses here are a few pictures of a beautiful tea table on the David Austin stand, I only wish I could blog the perfume coming from this stand, it was amazing!




I hope you all have a lovely weekend, and if it's not full of roses I hope there's lots of cake!

Georgie

No comments: