Friday 30 August 2013

Friday Props Room

I promised you some photos of my props room this week....so here they are.



 3 x 90cm wide and 1 x 50cm whitewashed wooden bookcases from.......you know where........my favourite Swedish boutique, Ikea!!!
I find most of their products very good value, good quality and I do love to put together flatpack furniture.....weird??
I've strung thin curtains in front to keep some of the dust off and when I'm taking photographs they help reflect the light.







I've tried to arrange everything by colour, so that it's easy to find what I need. I must admit that all my white china, glass, cutlery and blue and white china is still in cupboards in the dining room.....so much stuff!!




As you can see it's not a very wide room, just enough space for a table and me and my camera. This turquoise painted old bamboo table on castors I found in the local charity shop for £5.00!! The top is all marked and distressed, but it's perfect for backgrounds......imagine orange flowers against this......zing!!!




At the other end of the room is a large ornate mirror, hopefully reflecting some light. Underneath are two more charity shop finds awaiting their Annie Sloan paint finish and new upholstery. There should in theory be just enough room to fit a single put you up bed here, for extra guests.

I've just got to hang a blind and I'm done. Back to flowers next week.

Have a lovely weekend
Georgie

No comments: