Friday 25 July 2014

Friday Flowers at Hampton Court Flower Show Part 2

This week it's the perfect vegetable garden that featured as part of the Britain in Bloom display. I couldn't resist the old greenhouse filled with blowsy Begonias.







































Perfect cabbages in regimented rows.








Even the water butt gave me the "I wants" if ever there was a vegetable garden that fulfilled my fantasies this was it.


In my experience, reality is swarming with insects that devour everything, weeds that grow the moment your back is turned and everything is ready to harvest just as you go on holiday. I'll stick with the fantasy!
Finally I'll leave you with the exuberant yellow border in the same garden.







































Hope you all have a lovely weekend.
Georgie
x

1 comment:

Mugsie said...

Thanks for all the Hampton Court photos, Georgie. I particularly love the grasses.