Friday 15 August 2014

Friday Flowers

I've been having such fun this summer practicing my hand tied bouquet technique....think I'm slowly getting the hang of it!!
And then taking photographs of the results, this was a mixture of bought flowers and bits and pieces from the garden.



 I definitely need to plant more foliage and especially dark colours, everything I've got in the garden has been heavily "pruned" this summer, hopefully it won't mind and will go on to be bigger and better next year.
Oh yes and who knew that Sedum flowers last for weeks in water especially if picked in bud, I have some pale green that open to pink but need some burgundy coloured ones. And the added bonus is that bees and butterflies love them, I haven't picked all the flowers so they can enjoy them!!
So I'm going to visit the garden centre this weekend, hope you have a fabulous time doing whatever you decide to do.

Georgie
x

1 comment:

Mugsie said...

Beautiful! I was sorely tempted by some lovely dark red sedum plants this morning at Waitrose... but couldn't work out where I'd plant them. My branch has a really useful outdoor garden section, very well looked after.